Jacksons Fencing is a family business that was established in 1947 and ranked within the top 50 companies on the Sunday Times International Track 200 league table. Set in the heart of the Kent countryside, Jacksons' mission from the outset has been to deliver outstanding quality across every aspect of the business. Across three sites we employ over 270 people in the design, manufacture and installation of timber and steel fencing and gates.
Overview of position
This is a vital role in the powder coating plant within the security division, managing the day to day operations of the Powder Coating department, managing a team of approximately 12/14 operatives. Close control of efficiency and time management is critical to this role. The role requires good attention to detail, flexibility and the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team. The department has a significant number of challenges and provides a just in time service that requires a hands on approach to management and the ability to think on your feet.
The role is physical therefore, a good level of general fitness is key.
Over time will be required including working every other Saturday morning
- Take accountability for the running of the PPC plant, to ensure the team meets agreed delivery, quality, cost, and efficiency objectives.
- Lead continuous improvement in the team to drive out waste from all processes and to reduce cost. At least a quarter of your time should be spent on activities that measurably improve the team’s performance.
- Reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
- Take accountability for customers orders loaded onto the powder coating track using space efficiently and economically
- Meet agreed delivery, quality, cost, and efficiency objectives.
- Drive out waste from all processes and to reduce cost.
- Teamwork is an essential part of this job function, as is meeting deadlines & customer expectations
- Final quality inspection for all products leaving the powder coating plant.
- Agree key performance measures and targets with the Security Operations Manager and develop and implement action plans to achieve them. Provide a regular report on performance and maintain the key operational records.
- Set the pace of work by example, driving the team’s productivity. The ultimate daily responsibility is to ensure all jobs are completed so they can be set in good time. A flexible approach to working hours will be necessary.
- This will require close day to day and hour by hour management, to schedule work, manage capacity and flex manning between the areas.
- Hands on assistance and training, where appropriate, for cell leaders and team members.
- Production scheduling, including capacity planning, work issue, batch sizing, and stock levels.
- Material ‘call-off’ ordering and liaison with Purchasing to progress bought out items.
- Progressing of production orders and liaison with Production Office and Metal workshop to ensure achievable due dates are promised and met.
- Working closely with the Quality Manager to ensure full compliance with the Company ISO9001 procedures and in raising overall quality standards.
- Your ultimate responsibility is to ensure that all jobs are completed before the team goes home. A flexible approach to working hours will be necessary. If necessary this may require a rota to be agreed within the team
- Some Chemical handling in the form of Pre-treatment checks (Titration), also Hook maintenance/cleaning.
- Loading/ unloading the track in line with the SOP, ensuring all PPE andH & S guidelines are met
- Ensure Labelling and packaging is adequate
- Planned maintenance tasks
- Manage powder, Gas and chemical stocks by means of a weekly stock take and re order in a timely manner.
- Day to day sales requirement will mean that you may be required to work outside of the powder coating plant,
- Ensuring 100% quality to your customer. Do not let demands compromise quality
- Practice good housekeeping in agreement with the Cell leader and ensure that all daily checks are carried out
- Working closely with the Cell Leader to ensure full compliance with the Company ISO9001 procedures and in raising overall quality standards
- Ensuring that Company and Statutory Health and Safety, COSHH and Environmental requirements are met, including specific responsibilities relating to your & the team’s activities
- Ensure any required PPE is worn at all times.
- Any other tasks reasonably requested by a senior manager, from time-to-time
Due to location of the office, own transport is essential
Jacksons Fencing is an equal opportunity employer
To apply please email your CV and details to: email@example.com