Wooden Playground Fencing
COVERED BY JACKSONS 25 YEAR GUARANTEE
Timber Playground Fencing
- Easy to install
- Used in playgrounds, parks, nurseries, schools and even gardens
- All fixings stainless steel or galvanised
- Designed and manufactured to keep children safe
- 25 year guarantee
- Matching Gates
- Conforms to BS EN 1176
Timber Playground Fencing
Easy to install protection for play areas
The Wooden Playtime Playground Fence is Jacksons' answer to providing comprehensive protection for children's play areas. Protection against dog fouling, vandalism and unwanted intrusion, coupled with ease of installation and maintenance-free durability with both the RoSPA approved fence and gates.
25 Year Guarantee
Playtime fencing has not just been popular (as the name indicates) in play areas, parks, nurseries and primary schools but has also been popular in residential situations also. As a front garden fence, its appearance being somewhat similar to a very robust version of palisade or picket fencing, and also as a perimeter fence in gardens where children play.
Playtime timber fencing is made from planed Jakcure® pressure treated timber which gives it a 25 year guarantee against rot and insect attack.
Highest quality finishes and colours of your choice
Playtime Timber Fencing is available in natural Jakcure® treatment finish, or Jakcure® treated with your personal choice of colour coatings, supplied in made-up panels with gravel boards for attaching to posts and rail connectors.
Matching self-closing gates are available with galvanised metal frames with polyester powder coating Green Ral 6005, timber clad.
Designed and manufactured to keep children safe
The design also ensures that no children can get either their necks or limbs trapped between pales or pale tops. The pales are sandwiched between two pairs of strong rails, and double posts hold gravel boards and rail connectors together.
All components are specifically designed with gently rounded edges that present no sharp surfaces for extra safety, this goes for the galvanised fixings as well as the timber.
- Height: 1050mm nominal and 1090mm can be achieved with a 45mm gap under the gravel board.
- Post centres: 3000mm
- Pale spacing 75mm, Panel Width 3135mm. (18 Pales per panel)
- Timber :All timber is planed finish. Prior to vacuum and pressure treatment by the Jakcure process it is dried below 30% moisture content.
- Colours:as illustrated, Jakcure treated or Jakcured with decorative coatings to colours of your choice. Delivered already coated needing only minimum retouching on site.
- Posts: 125 x 125mm allowing 800mm in the ground (nominal sizes)
- Post length: 1800mm to allow for 0.75 in the ground
- Rails: 100 x 38mm (nominal sizes)
- Pales: 100 x 38mm (nominal sizes)
- Gravel boards: 150 x 38mm (nominal sizes)
- Gate: Steel frame with self closing hinge, galvanised or galvanised with polyester powder coating (nominal sizes), timber clad to match panels.
- Half Panel also available as standard (9 Pales per panel)
Multi Coloured Metal Playtime
Next generation Metal Playtime is perfect for playgrounds and much more
These attractive panels differ from our standard metal Playtime fencing in several ways; the pales sit in a frame and do not go through the top and bottom rail. The pales pass through internal side of the rails and are fixed with a unique non-welded assembly system fitted with a rubber strip to prevent movement and rattling.
The panel rails are powder coated in green (RAL 6005). The pale configuration is as standard Metal Playtime with pales alternately coloured in blue (RAL 5010), yellow (RAL 1018) and red (RAL 3020) giving the fence a cheerful appearance suitable for playgrounds. (Other colours are also available). Gate can be supplied to match.
- Height: 1.01m nominal
- Rails: 60 x 40mm rectangular hollow section
- Pales: 25mm x 25mm
- Posts: 60mm x 60mm
- Post Centres: 3.0m
- Gate posts: 80mm x 80mm
RoSPA approved self-closing gate is ideal for schools and play areas
The intelligent design of this self-closing gate matches the new safer Anti-Trap bow Top fencing overleaf, not just in looks but with it's improved safety factors. The integral hinge at floor level ensures it always returns to a closed position every time it is opened. Limbs can not be trapped between the hanging stile and the posts, or the hoops above the top rail of the gate. The speed of the closing mechanism can be altered to between 1 - 60 seconds, and it also has a soft close feature to prevent slamming or trapping fingers. The gates are available with a high visibility coating to distinguish access in line with RoSPA recommendations. (Other colours are available).
Also available with a dog grid to prevent animal access to play areas.
Shopping with us
We offer the longest guarantee in the industry for manufactured timber products.
QUALITY, SERVICE AND VALUE
Established for over 70 years, our staff are ready to help with a wealth of knowledge and expertiseFind out more
Guaranteed peace of mind
Find out more about our market leading 25 year guarantees for service and timber treatmentRead more
Apps & online planning tools
Use our online tools to plan and price your Fencing, Gate or Decking project.Get Started
Featherboard Fence Calculator
Enter the run length and height, to calculate the items required:
You will need bays consisting of posts, pales, rails and Gravelboard(s).