Wooden Playground Fencing
Timber Playground Fencing
- Easy to install
- Used in playgrounds, parks, nurseries, schools and even gardens
- All fixings stainless steel or galvanised
- Designed and manufactured to keep children safe
- 25 year guarantee
- Matching Gates
- Conforms to BS EN 1176
Specifying or installing for a commercial application?
Our commercial website is host to technical and specification documents and all the advice you need to help you choose the best security fencing for your site.
Timber Playground Fencing
Suitable for primary schools, nurseries, playgrounds and play areas, demarcation, and residential gardens where children play. Creates a safe and welcoming enclosure for safe play.
25 Year Guarantee
Timber Playtime® Fencing is made from premium kiln-dried, pressure-treated timber and comes with our 25 year guarantee.
Designed and manufactured to keep children safe
- Anti-trap pale spacing – no risk of children getting their limbs or necks stuck
- Conforms to BS EN 1176 playground safety standard
- RoSPA approved construction
- Safe fixings
- Smooth planed timber
- Pales sandwiched between rails to prevent vandalism
- Double posts hold gravel boards and rail connectors together
- Matching self-closing, soft-closing gates with range of locking options
- Gentle round edges
High quality finishes and colour choices
Playtime® Timber Fencing is available in natural timber colour or multicoloured.
Gates have galvanised metal frames with polyester powder coating Green RAL 6005, timber clad.
Easy to install
Supplied in panel form with gravel boards for attaching to posts and rail connectors.
- Height: 1050mm nominal and 1090mm can be achieved with a 45mm gap under the gravel board.
- Post centres: 3000mm
- Pale spacing: 75mm, Panel width: 3135mm. (18 Pales per panel). Half panels available (9 pales per panel)
- Timber: All timber is planed finish. Prior to vacuum and pressure treatment by the Jakcure process it is dried below 30% moisture content.
- Colours: as illustrated, natural finish or multicoloured. Delivered already coated needing only minimum retouching on site.
- Posts: 125 x 125mm allowing 800mm in the ground (nominal sizes)
- Post length: 1800mm to allow for 0.75 in the ground
- Rails: 100 x 38mm (nominal sizes)
- Pales: 100 x 38mm (nominal sizes)
- Gravel boards: 150 x 38mm (nominal sizes)
- Gate: Steel frame with self closing hinge, galvanised or galvanised with polyester powder coating (nominal sizes), timber clad to match panels.
Metal Playground Fencing
We also manufacture metal playground fencing: Playtime Metal, and Anti-Trap Bow Top. Find out more about these products using the buttons below:
The self-closing gate pictured matches our Anti-Trap Bow Top fencing, but the same principles apply to gates for our Playtime Timber and Metal gates. The integral hinge at floor level ensures it always returns to a closed position every time it is opened. Limbs can not be trapped between the hanging stile and the posts, or the hoops above the top rail of the gate. The speed of the closing mechanism can be altered to between 1 - 60 seconds, and it also has a soft close feature to prevent slamming or trapping fingers. The gates are available with a high visibility coating to distinguish access in line with RoSPA recommendations. (Other colours are available).
Also available with a dog grid to prevent animal access to play areas.
Jacksons Fencing have a large range of related products, all complete with our 25 year guarantee. If you cannot find the item you are looking for, please do not hesitate to call our friendly sales team.
Shopping with us
We offer the longest guarantee in the industry for manufactured timber products.
QUALITY, SERVICE AND VALUE
Established for over 75 years, our staff are ready to help with a wealth of knowledge and expertiseFind out more
Guaranteed peace of mind
Find out more about our market leading 25 year guarantees for service and timber treatmentRead more
Apps & online planning tools
Use our online tools to plan and price your Fencing, Gate or Decking project.Get Started
Featherboard Fence Calculator
Enter the run length and height, to calculate the items required:
You will need bays consisting of posts, pales, rails and Gravelboard(s).