Job Title: Loader/ setter Reporting to: setting supervisor
Location: Ashford Hours: 8am – 5.30pm, plus overtime (if required), 7am to 11am alternate Saturdays.
Jacksons Fencing is a family business that was established in 1947 and ranked within the top 50 companies on the Sunday Times International Track 200 league table. Set in the heart of the Kent countryside, Jacksons' mission from the outset has been to deliver outstanding quality across every aspect of the business. Across three sites we employ over 270 people in the design, manufacture and installation of timber and steel fencing and gates.
• Work as part of the team to ensure it meets daily setting and loading requirements and other agreed objectives.
• housekeeping and stock accuracy.
• Contribute to continuous improvement of the team to reduce errors and waste to reduce cost.
• Loading and unloading of lorries.
• Assemble and pack customers orders to a high standard.
• A valid Counterbalance F/Lift licence is required.
• Carry out various tasks sometimes under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Load or unload as a team all the required lorries each day. Where possible prepare loads for following days.
• Keep yard area tidy and labelled to agreed systems.
• Zero product damage on lorries and in finished product areas
• 100% completion of daily load lists with 100% accuracy
• Ensure manufacture workshops are served to allow efficient production output.
•The team shares the responsibility to ensure all tasks required are completed daily before the team goes home.
A flexible approach to working hours will be necessary.
• This role will require a Confident Forklift driver that will in time be trained on a side loader to move materials up to
12m long at low and high level, Using racking and stillages for storage.
• Practice good housekeeping in agreement with the Production Manager and ensure that all daily checks are carried
out. Daily housekeeping clear-ups must take place.
• Work with PPC team to reduce product movement .
• Work outside in all weathers with minimal cover, Assemble and pack customers products retrieving information
from picking lists and cad drawings getting product ready for delivery ensuring product reaches the customer in top
quality condition with no unknown shortages or given extras.
• Prepare loads and write load list for the daily galvanising lorry working closely with the order planning office.
• Work safely, to protect yourself and others, ensuring that Company and Statutory Health and Safety, COSHH
and Environmental requirements are met, including specific responsibilities relating to the team’s activities.
• Participate in appropriate training and toolbox talks.
•Any other ad hoc tasks reasonably requested by your shift leader and direct line managers. Being part of the wider Yard team, this will certainly include work in other areas to meet the company’s needs.
Due to location of the office, own transport is essential
Jacksons Fencing is an equal opportunity employer
To apply please email your CV and details to: email@example.com