Jacksons Fencing is a family business that was established in 1947 and ranked within the top 50 companies on the Sunday Times International Track 200 league table. Set in the heart of the Kent countryside, Jacksons' mission from the outset has been to deliver outstanding quality across every aspect of the business. Across three sites we employ over 250 people in the design, manufacture and installation of timber and steel fencing and gates.
Driving License and own transport essential as the office is in a rural location with parking available on site.
Hours of work are typically Mon-Fri 09:00-17:30, however we require the successful candidate to be flexible as with the nature of any IT support role some out of hour’s works are necessary.
In this role you will have exposure to a variety of technologies including but not limited to:
· Microsoft Windows Server.
· Exchange Server.
· SQL Server.
· Windows 7, 8.1 & 10 operating systems.
· WMware vSphere virtualization platform.
· Citrix Xen App.
· Veeam backup and replication.
· Sophos Central Cloud Antivirus.
· Networking infrastructure including routers, firewalls, switches and network cabling.
· Phone System including IP phone technologies.
Tasks and responsibilities:
· Troubleshooting desktop software and hardware issues, onsite over the telephone or remotely.
· Active directory and exchange management console administrative tasks.
· Application support for business software programmes.
· Configuring and troubleshooting network issues.
· Configuration and maintenance of Apple iPhone’s & iPad’s.
· Project work including upgrades and software installation.
· Regular maintenance tasks including redundancy testing.
· End user training using new platforms or products to help increase productivity.
· Troubleshooting basic printer issues.
· Managing anti-spam solution.
· Antivirus installations and upgrades.
· Liaising with external suppliers for hardware and software support.
· Daily checking of backup company backup jobs.
· Documenting fault resolutions and creating knowledge base articles for future reference.
· Escalating issues within the team as required.
· A passion for technology and a desire to develop a career in IT.
· Positive attitude with proactive mind set.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and telephone manner, particularly the ability to communicate clearly in non-technical language, are essential.
· GCSE level qualifications in Mathematics, English and IT (Grades A-B)
· Previous experience within an IT support related role.
· Trainee roll is possible for this position.
· Microsoft Windows and Office suite products support.
· Basic understanding of Windows networking and TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP desirable.
· Microsoft technical certification desirable but not essential if trainee.
Please be aware that in this position some manual handling work will be required.
You would be expected to be presentable and project a professional image.
We are an equal opportunity employer
To apply please email your CV and details to: firstname.lastname@example.org