Location: Ashford, Kent
Hours: 8am – 8pm rota (average 36.50hrs per week) various days over 4 week rota
Established for 75 years, Jacksons is still a family run business with a reputation for supplying market leading Fences and Gates, all backed by our 25 year guarantee. Our clients range from home owners buying fencing for their gardens to Industry and High Security establishments, protecting facilities and equipment. We currently seek a hard working professional to join and support our Sales team based in Ashford.
- Work as part of the team to ensure it meets daily loading requirements and other agreed objectives.
- Picking accuracy, housekeeping and stock accuracy.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the team to reduce errors and waste to reduce cost.
- Operational reporting is to the Shift Team Leader, and Yard Manager.
- Load all the required lorries each day. Where possible prepare loads for following days.
- Empty dripping area daily.
- Zero product damage on lorries and in finished product areas
- 100% completion of daily load lists with 100% accuracy
- The team shares the responsibility to ensure all tasks are completed daily before the team goes home. A flexible approach to working hours will be necessary.
- This role will require a very close and co-operative working relationship with the shift team leader and the Yard Manager to effectively manage the work.
- Practice good housekeeping in agreement with the Yard Manager and ensure that all daily checks are carried out. Carry out daily and Weekend housekeeping clear-ups.
- Work with Mill team to unload raw material lorries.
- Assist with weekend stock checks.
- Work closely with your line managers and the Quality Manager to ensure full compliance with the Company ISO9001 procedures and in raising overall quality standards. Ensure 100% quality to your customer. Do not let demands compromise quality.
- Work safely, to protect yourself and others, ensuring that Company and Statutory Health and Safety, COSHH and Environmental requirements are met, including specific responsibilities relating to the team’s activities.
- Participate in appropriate training and toolbox talks.
- Any other ad hoc tasks reasonably requested by your shift leader and direct line managers. Being part of the wider Yard team, this will certainly include work in other areas to meet the company’s needs.
Reporting to: Handling Shift Leader/ Yard Manager
Required - Fork lift driving licence - certificate required.
Due to location of the office, own transport is essential
Jacksons Fencing is an equal opportunity employer
To apply please email your CV and details to: email@example.com