Harsh weather conditions can wreak havoc on fencing, use this checklist to make sure your fence is fit to face the challenges of the outdoor environment.
- Make sure posts have been adequately protected to ensure a long lifetime service – Jacksons posts are supported by a 25-year treatment guarantee against rot and wood boring pests.
- Post Installation - Create a sound foundation by ensuring post holes are square or round with straight sides. Don’t scrimp on the concrete and take care to install posts at the correct depth – a minimum of 600 mm (2ft). Also make sure drainage exists under the post.
- Check the fence design itself is fit for purpose and supported by quality fixings that are either stainless steel or heavily galvanised to prevent rusting. Make sure the fence has gravel boards installed and the panels are not in contact with the ground.
- For a lasting fencing solution, always buy from a fencing expert (rather than a DIY store) whose products have been stringently road-tested and crafted to the highest standards.
- Seek out an Expert Installer with the skills and expertise to deliver a professional installation
Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to our monthly email newsletter for updates, special offers and inspiration.