£11 to £12.50 per hour depending on experience, progressing up to £15 per hour
Monday to Friday (8am – 5:30pm) – Overtime available when needed
Immediate Start Available*
A fantastic opportunity to gain stability in a position for an experienced welder who would like to enhance their skills in a friendly atmosphere created by a family run company that is proud to have a high percentage of long term staff . The role is mainly MIG welding new steel to produce bespoke and standard security fencing products . Working from basic third angle drawings, the successful candidate will be able to work from a cutting list, converting raw materials while working to our high quality standards to produce a Jacksons premium product that could be exported to anywhere in the world.
Jacksons Fencing is a family business that was established in 1947 and ranked within the top 50 companies on the Sunday Times International Track 200 league table. Set in the heart of the Kent countryside, Jacksons' mission from the outset has been to deliver outstanding quality across every aspect of the business. Across three sites we employ over 250 people in the design, manufacture and installation of timber and steel fencing and gates.
- MIG Welding in a production environment .
- Reading drawings.
- Working in line with our controlled Health & Safety standards and systems.
- flexibility to work in all areas of the manufacturing department when needed.
Our requirements of you:
- Have at least 4 years’ experience of mild steel MIG production welding.
- Be able to read CAD drawings.
- Be able to work as part of a team, or on your own on various projects.
- Be able to work to production expected deadlines.
- Ambition to self-drive and be self-motivated.
- Own transport is essential, as our office is set within a rural location.(car share can be arranged short term until candidate is settled)
- Continuous ongoing development of skillset.
- Healthcare and pension contribution following qualifying period.
- Staff discount; Very competitive rates of pay.
- Work with some of the best steel products within the industry.
- Holidays up to 26 days a year plus bank holidays.
To apply please email your CV and details to: email@example.com