Jacksons Fencing is a family business that was established in 1947 and ranked within the top 50 companies on the Sunday Times International Track 200 league table. Set in the heart of the Kent countryside, Jacksons' mission from the outset has been to deliver outstanding quality across every aspect of the business. Across three sites we employ over 250 people in the design, manufacture and installation of timber and steel fencing and gates.
- Work as part of the team to ensure it meets daily loading requirements and other agreed objectives.
- Picking accuracy, housekeeping and stock accuracy.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the team to reduce errors and waste to reduce cost.
- Operational reporting is to the Shirt Team Leader, and Yard Manager.
- Cover may require late afternoon and/ or Saturday overtime.
- Load all the required lorries each day. Where possible prepare loads for following days.
- Empty dripping area daily.
- Zero product damage on lorries and in finished product areas
- 100% completion of daily load lists with 100% accuracy
- The team shares the responsibility to ensure all tasks are completed daily before the team
goes home. A flexible approach to working hours will be necessary.
- This role will require a very close and co-operative working relationship with the shift team
leader and the Yard Manager to effectively manage the work.
- Practice good housekeeping in agreement with the Yard Manager and ensure that all daily
checks are carried out. Carry out daily and Weekend housekeeping clear-ups.
- Work with Mill team to unload raw material lorries.
- Assist with weekend stock checks.
- Work closely with your line managers and the Quality Manager to ensure full compliance with
the Company ISO9001 procedures and in raising overall quality standards. Ensure 100%
quality to your customer. Do not let demands compromise quality.
- Work safely, to protect yourself and others, ensuring that Company and Statutory Health and
Safety, COSHH and Environmental requirements are met, including specific responsibilities
relating to the team’s activities.
- Participate in appropriate training and toolbox talks.
- Any other ad hoc tasks reasonably requested by your shift leader and direct line managers.
Being part of the wider Yard team, this will certainly include work in other areas to meet the
Reporting to: Handling Shift Leader/ Yard Manager
Required - Fork lift driving licence - certificate required.
Due to location of the office, own transport is essential
Jacksons Fencing is an equal opportunity employer
To apply please email your CV and details to: email@example.com