Overview of position
This is a critical role within the busy automation division, providing proactive response to the varying and often demanding customer and field engineer needs. The role requires good attention to detail, flexibility and the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team. Extensive experience of circuit panel wiring will be required which includes crimping, soldering, and cable wiring, drilling, tapping and working to schematic/engineering drawings. Excellent communication skills are essential. An ability to think quickly and clearly will be required.
A good all round education, electronics knowledge & experience, plus computer skills are crucial to carrying out duties efficiently and effectively. A clean driving licence is required.
The role is customer led and the success is measured by meeting their needs and working to tight deadlines to achieve this goal. Jacksons uphold a strong ethos for not just producing quality products, but also the service we provide.
- To assemble and wire control cabinets to a high standard from drawings and data provided
- Adapt circuit configurations to provide solutions to various system requirements
- Build a solid knowledge of our product range past and present to advise and assist customers and field engineers
- Fault finding both face to face and on the telephone to customers and engineers
- To provide test data on systems manufactured and record on paperwork
- To answer the phone efficiently and answer both internal and external queries
- To process callouts from customers through the system
- Assist in checking goods in and recording goods out to maintain stock control
- Gain a solid understanding on the in house computer system to enable correct allocation of components used
- To provide on site assistance with or without field engineers as need arises
- Take appropriate actions when customer safety upgrade requirements have been identified
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Ensure that all operational and procedural guidelines for I.T./Business systems are followed to protect the data integrity
- Ensure that Company and Statutory Health & Safety requirements are met and maintained at all times.
- Be responsible for your own personal safety, act responsibly and respectfully at all times to protect the safety of all colleagues
Due to location of the office, own transport is essential
Jacksons Fencing is an equal opportunity employer
If interested please email - Steve Hancock