Post & Rail Fencing (nailed)
- Two rail shapes; square or half round
- All fixings heavily galvanized
- Machine rounded timber for regular size
Post & Rail Fencing
This sturdy fencing comprises of sawn square section vertical posts, with three horizontal rails, nailed to the posts. There is a choice of either half round rails or sawn square section rails.
- Allow one post for every 1.8m of fence, plus one for the end of the run.
- Allow three rails for every 3.6m of 3-rail fencing.
Nails: use 100mm galvanized wire nails approx 79 per kg. code 800310 1kg, 800350 5 kg, 800300 25kg. Allow 13kgs for 200m of 3-rail fence.
More on Galvanized Wire Nails
When erecting post and rail fencing in the summer, it is advisable to set posts in concrete as it is difficult or impossible to ram dry soil tight.
Aids for erecting posts - Post Auger, Shuv Holer and Monkey Hole Borer
More on Fencing Tools